From Commercial Groundworks to Block Paving Driveways in Oxford | How We Maintain Safety
As time-served groundwork contractors, we have worked on construction sites of every size. This includes small domestic locations for the laying of block paving driveways, or any other type of new driveway, to more expansive sites for new build construction involving drainage preparation and an array of other groundworks. These sites in Oxford and the surrounding areas utilise large, noisy and dangerous machinery, so ensuring optimal safety at all times remains of vital importance.
Our groundwork contractors have a combined industry experience of over 30 years, so we know what it takes to keep construction sites safe. Below, we have taken a closer look at some of the ways we do so.
Common Safety Requirements
- We conduct extensive risk assessments of sites in the Oxford area before groundworks begin. This allows us to identify the location of risks, how serious they are and whether they should stop work
- Before starting on laying a new driveway, performing drainage preparation or any other form of groundwork, we ensure our groundwork contractors, any sub-contractors or visitors have full awareness of safety and fire procedures
- If we hire or utilise newly purchased equipment, we make sure it is inherently safe for use first. We also provide training to any groundwork contractors unfamiliar in the use of such machinery
- We ensure first aid cover for every project and record any ‘near misses’ for investigation. This allows us to see if any common factors repeatedly compromise the safety of Oxford sites
- Whether laying block paving driveways or carrying out drainage preparation, we ensure any personnel working on site has read the health and safety policy, and understood it, before engaging in any work
- We implement safe access routes in and around sites, allowing for the safe movement of vehicles, pedestrians and visitors. This can range from safe traffic flow around work on a new driveway to internal movement on a large building site
Needless to say, as reputable groundwork contractors with an enviable safety record, we always arrive on sites in the Oxford area with full insurance coverage. Our personnel carry out their groundworks operations with public liability and employer’s liability insurance.
If you require groundwork contractors for a new driveway, a new build or any other construction project, we happily outline our approach to safety following an initial site survey.